Both lower door panels are off for an easy mod to help the door air vents flow air better, The ducting is pretty loose and there is a strip of foam that is attached to seal the gap. An alternative is to fill the gap with expanding foam for an even tighter seal.
After the foam cures I cut it down and spray some black paint on. Now those vents should discharge all the air they get.
Now back to the front suspension, as a test to see how much castor I could regain by modifying the suspension, I took one of the stock stay bar bushings and cut it down from 3/4" to 1/4" thick and re installed it.
This is bushing #32 in the diagram below, by cutting it down I effectively move the lower control arm forward 1/2" thus adding caster
The results are in after another quick measurement on the alignment rack. I gained about 4' on the driver side, Now I need to add shims to the front side of the passenger lower arm to reduce the caster 2' so they are equal.
For the first time since ive owned the car, it just about tracks stright down the road. But still more work to do.
![]()













Reply With Quote
