FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?915-Carbs-for-a-PRV

    That thread got closed pretty dang quick.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    This thread really is the best place for him to find carburetion specific info. Apparently the OP did not know it even exists -- Sean could have included an explanatory sentence to that effect.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  3. #173
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    94

    K-Jet Components For Sale

    Hello Martin,
    We have made two conversions to carburetor fuel delivery and offer all or part of the complete K-Jet systems from fuel pump to injectors including ECUs. Reasonable offers accepted. Thanks, Byrne

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    For clarity: Byrne is counting the number of conversions he has done himself, not the total number of carbureted DeLoreans altogether (there are more than 2 carbureted DeLoreans in existence, including apparently this one in Florida that neither Byrne nor I had anything to do with: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?90...ull=1#post9439).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    For clarity: Byrne is counting the number of conversions he has done himself, not the total number of carbureted DeLoreans altogether (there are more than 2 carbureted DeLoreans in existence, including apparently this one in Florida that neither Byrne nor I had anything to do with: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?90...ull=1#post9439).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    I believe there is one on youtube as well that had nothing to do with Bill or Byrne. Apparently more people seem to understand carburetors than just Bill and a few of us other people.

    My guess is, with a proper manifold, anyone with a little carburetor knowledge could convert one of these cars to carburetion.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    With a suitable intake manifold, you can put one or more carburetors on any gasoline engine (yes, I know the same can be said for MegaSquirt...).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I know the same can be said for MegaSquirt...)
    True, but we don't need any special software or computers to make ours work. The hardest part of installation for us is the 5 minutes it takes to run a new fuel.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    If fuel delivery from the physical properties of air pressure alone is important to an owner, then carburetion is indeed be an option that owner may want to consider.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  9. #179
    Senior Member Ashyukun's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Lexington, KY

    Posts:    242

    My VIN:    16655

    Well, after a lot of calling around, I finally found that an Ace Hardware across town actually had 1/8" NPT hose barbs, and drove over and picked up two (yes, I only need one- but they're cheap). Unfortunately, my road test with the cruise unit was unsuccessful, and everything I've checked so far has worked as it should. The most likely culprit now is that the magnet sensor isn't close enough to the magnets to pick them up- something I'll attempt to rectify in the morning.

    However... that's about the only negative at the moment- and something that was new and not essential for the car to be able to travel. Everything else necessary for me to leave in the morning to drive the car from here in Lexington to north of Philly is done, and I took my girlfriend out to dinner half an hour away ("You know, most people don't go LOOKING for places to eat that require a bit of driving..." :P) to make sure everything behaved on the highway, and got an unexpected good test of the coolant system when we got stuck in a traffic jam for 20 minutes (in 90-degree ambient).

    All that has to be done in the morning is to finish loading the car back up and to rinse it off again- I washed it in a real hurry this afternoon, and got a bit liberal with the BKF- and I get enough bad cocaine jokes as it is without having the car actually covered in white powder.... :P

  10. #180
    Senior Member Ashyukun's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Lexington, KY

    Posts:    242

    My VIN:    16655

    The Good:
    The cruise control works.
    I'm safely in my hotel room in PA.

    The Bad:
    I got here some 3 hours later than I should have after the car died at the end of a construction zone, leading to my replacing the fuel pump and running a new fuel line... and still not being convinced they were the problem. But, after that it didn't have any fuel problems and didn't die... though I now get to track down more 1/8" NPT fittings HERE because I couldnt get everything off the old pump (which I am saving, as I think it's actually fine...) but thankfully was able to rig something up with what came with the new pump.
    My evaporator drain plug clogged, flooding the passenger carpet (again). Not critical, but damn annoying (and smelly)
    For some reason all my accessory lights are behving weird- if working at all. Wish I still had the instructions for Dave's solid-state dimmer, though I think this goes beyond that...
    My iPhone crashed some 50 miles after getting the car going again... Thankfully I'm old-school enough to carry an atlas in my cars since it was my gps too.

    The Best:
    This day is now over and nothing ELSE can go wrong (until tomorrow)

Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •