FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Results 1 to 10 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    OK, so feel free to pick this apart and make corrections to it. I was bored at work and started looking stuff up online and trying to think if I could make a door lock circuit which would

    a) work with either solenoids or actuators
    b) is cheaper than new lock module and draws less standby current than stock/LockZilla
    c) be compatible with off-the-shelf remote keyless entry (RKE) systems -- the $50 kind.

    doorlockcircuit.jpg

    I think that will give you about a half-second pulse. But I am bad at math. Also, I am essentially teaching myself electronics, and if you take into account the facts that I started with no knowledge of the subject, and that I am both a bad teacher and a lazy student, then you can probably guess (correctly) that my lessons are sporadic, difficult, and confusing. This circuit may in fact make no sense at all, but I had fun drawing it. Opinions? Ron?
    Last edited by Farrar; 03-09-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: edited picture
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •