FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #291
    PB Co
    Guest
    Double post!

  2. #292
    PB Co
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    By the way, it is standard practice to re-release castings. So, as long as the license/contract is still good and we get the approval from DMC, do not be surprised if there are more Hot Wheels DeLoreans in the future.
    Keep em coming. Would love to see opening doors in a ZAMAC finish. If you're going to use the turbine real rider wheels again I respectively argue that a grey version looks more like a DeLorean wheel than the chrome.

  3. #293
    Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    125

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    ??? Did I miss this one?
    This was a Red Line Club exclusive.


  4. #294
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    While I appreciate the constructive criticism, please help me understand something. You keep referring to the "details". What details? They are all the same sculpt, just different colour. In fact, the 2010 versions in silver, gold, and black...are the same deco, just different paint (and interior colour). The 2011 Faster Than Ever, 2014 HW City, 2014 Jukebox (New Wave)...all the same sculpt, therefore all the same detail.

    The Time Machine 'conversion' was built off of this same sculpt. So the base car is the same. All Time Machines are the same, just different deco/. The Time Machine 2 has different 'vent' piece; plutonium chamber vs Mr Fusion

    The only one that is a different sculpt is the RLC version. Errors from the Mainline version were 'corrected' for the RLC version, while more detail was added to the interior since the doors open.

    Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand. Thanks.

    By the way, it is standard practice to re-release castings. So, as long as the license/contract is still good and we get the approval from DMC, do not be surprised if there are more Hot Wheels DeLoreans in the future.
    Sorry man! I just saw this post. I know they're the same car, don't get me wrong. I really dig the satin gold finish on the gold car and wish the others had a similar sheen - the silver cars were a little more clear-coat-silvery and it just didn't have that "wow" factor that the gold did. It also seemed that there were some detail elements on the HW City car that weren't painted as well as some of the others - the DMC logo on the front grill, for example.

    I know it's insanity to nitpick something that you buy for $0.99 by the case so I am also not trying to be rude by mentioning any of this! Honest
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  5. #295
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    This was a Red Line Club exclusive.

    Never seen that one before. Dig it. I still have to get my RLC from Houston.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  6. #296
    Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    125

    Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Sorry man! I just saw this post. I know they're the same car, don't get me wrong. I really dig the satin gold finish on the gold car and wish the others had a similar sheen - the silver cars were a little more clear-coat-silvery and it just didn't have that "wow" factor that the gold did. It also seemed that there were some detail elements on the HW City car that weren't painted as well as some of the others - the DMC logo on the front grill, for example.

    I know it's insanity to nitpick something that you buy for $0.99 by the case so I am also not trying to be rude by mentioning any of this! Honest
    Ah, now I get it. No worries.

    About the graphics. New Models get more money for graphics, so the 2010 versions have more deco Think of the car as having five sides (front, back, left, right, top) for graphics to go on. The average car gets about 2-3 decos , so we have to chose what gets graphics (usually only left and right sides). New Models get up to 4.

    We have to keep the cost down to meet the $1 price, so the first thing to get cost reduced is usually graphics. This is why the third release (2014 HW City) only has three (left, right, top), not enough to decorate the front and back. The graphics are not really 'missing', just trying to keep the cost down.

    Also, this car is more expensive to make because of the 'extra' Louvre piece, due to material and labour. The next thing to be cost reduced on this will be the louvre. It may be 'combined' with the body. Then, we either leave it body colour or use up one deco to 'paint' it. I am hoping it never comes to that. I made it an extra piece to get that colour break, and bonus opening feature.

    Thanks.

  7. #297
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Don't forget this one...I guess there are three?


    Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I have never once seen them on the actual shelves, but I have found more than 10 of them by digging through the massive bins at the endcap (YMMV of course). My trick is to bring over a cart, empty one whole bin into the cart by going through it, then empty the bin next to it into the first one, and so on until I've gone through every single car. It's a lot of work
    Thanks for that tip! Tonight I went to yet another Walmart in Rogersville(was there for a cruise in) and of course there were none to be found in the isle, then I remembered reading this so I went to this dark corner in the outdoor department where a lot of Christmas toys were displayed. Not a sole in there at 9pm. There it was just like the Oracle promised! This huge box of loose Hot Wheels divided into three sections. I dug 5 DeLoreans out. I didn't do the shopping cart thing, but those boxes were deep so in order to search well, I would have needed a cart. I'm sure there were more in there but I didn't want to make a scene, even though I was alone. I took my 5 and called it a night knowing more would come.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-12-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  8. #298
    Senior Member DMC5180's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Reedsburg, WI

    Posts:    4,042

    My VIN:    5180

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Is their a video online that shows how these cars a made in general? I assume it's mostly robotic manufacturing. I also assume the more expensive part detailed cars involve more human labor.
    DENNIS

    VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, EPS​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

  9. #299
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Don't forget this one...I guess there are three?




    Thanks for that tip! Tonight I went to yet another Walmart in Rogersville(was there for a cruise in) and of course there were none to be found in the isle, then I remembered reading this so I went to this dark corner in the outdoor department where a lot of Christmas toys were displayed. Not a sole in there at 9pm. There it was just like the Oracle promised! This huge box of loose Hot Wheels divided into three sections. I dug 5 DeLoreans out. I didn't do the shopping cart thing, but those boxes were deep so in order to search well, I would have needed a cart. I'm sure there were more in there but I didn't want to make a scene, even though I was alone. I took my 5 and called it a night knowing more would come.
    Glad it worked for you!

    And yeah, I have about a half-dozen of those "movie" cars you posted above too.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  10. #300
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    So here's a "state of the collection" shot - I needed to move some stuff around in the closet and it was a good time for it

    Inventory consists of:
    1 Stock SunStar
    1 Stock Welly
    1 BTTF I Welly
    1 BTTF II Welly
    1 BTTF III Welly
    1 "eBay Special" Lego model
    1 official Lego model
    2 Hallmark ornaments (1 is at work and not shown)
    6 Hot Wheels "Cinema" BTTF Time Machine
    1 Hot Wheels "RLC" standard
    6 Hot Wheels "HW City"
    1 Hot Wheels "Long Card" BTTF 2011 HW Premiere
    4 Hot Wheels "Long Card" BTTF 2011 New Models
    1 Hot Wheels "Short Card" Black
    1 Hot Wheels "Long Card" Black
    1 Hot Wheels "Long Card" Gold
    7 Hot Wheels "Faster Than Ever"
    1 Hot Wheels "Boulevard"
    2 Hot Wheels "Short Card" BTTF (bought these at the Hondos Center on Crete, if ALEXKOS is reading)

    Loose cars are:
    2 Hot Wheels DMC-12 (the original silver one, don't have one in the package though)
    1 Hot Wheels Black
    1 Hot Wheels Gold
    1 Hot Wheels Faster Than Ever
    1 souvenir time machine that I got at the entrance to the BTTF ride at Universal Studios way back in the day. It's total crap but the sentiment is there.

    Didn't realize quite how many of these I had until now. And this is after giving away quite a few at car shows and such. Oh well, someone's gotta keep HW interested in making more!

    Attached Images
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •