I'm afraid you will have to read this entire thread to find the answer
Actually you won't. I don't think there is a pattern.
Our resident HW expert will hopefully elaborate.
Location: Atlanta OTP GA
Posts: 7,085
My VIN: 2743
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)
I'm afraid you will have to read this entire thread to find the answer
Actually you won't. I don't think there is a pattern.
Our resident HW expert will hopefully elaborate.
Dermot
VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320
I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans
http://www.will-to-live.org
No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"
Posts: 440
My VIN: Formerly 10570 and 6776
Club(s): (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)
Here are the remaining Red Line DeLoreans that we have in stock.
This chart updates as we manually remove the sold numbers.
James Espey, President
Classic DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
[url]http://www.classicdmc.com[/url]
Location: near Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posts: 226
My VIN: 1983 canadian model
All those little hotwheels Delorean make me realize how good the real car would look with big fat wheel!
Is that me?
Production of cars depends on the mix. In general, there are 16 mixes for every year (Mixes A-R, omitting I and O).
Sometimes, the cars will overlap mixes. Something in Mix A will most likely be in Mix B...possible in Mix C. It all depends on the the quota of the car versus the rest of the mix/line.
All the cars in the mixes are produced around the same time. Take the 2014 version of the DeLorean, there were deco versions (same sculpt as all the other ones). First there was dark grey, all of them were produced within a few weeks and put in Mix A/B (for example). This is why you will see a bunch of them in the stores, as the 'current' Mix is A/B. Once the current Mix is C+, then the dark grey DeLorean begin to 'disappear'.
Fast forward to Mix J/K (for example), there is a red version. Again, they bring out the molds and start making DeLoreans in red. It will be hard to find dark grey ones, but there will be many red ones once the current Mix is J or K.
This is all planned out so you would not see a grey and red DeLorean, or any car of multi-colours, on the peg at the same time. Some cars get up to four colours in a year. The first release of the DeLorean saw silver, gold, and black.
Of course, sometimes Mixes get mixed up. A store or distribution center may have some A-E sitting around at the end of the year. So you may see some early Mixes late in the year. Thisusually happens around this time of year as there is more demand to fill the shelves. While the 2014 DeLoreans are basically gone, you may find some as the store get into older stock.
It gets more complicated than that, but that stuff is beyond my pay scale. I hope that answers your question.
By the way, I see James has over 275 RLC DeLoreans left. This is the one with opening doors. If you want them that is the place to get them. They are sold out long ago on the Hot Wheels Collector site and a bit over priced on eBay. Also, I am not sure if this version will ever be produced again.
Posts: 440
My VIN: Formerly 10570 and 6776
Club(s): (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)
Thanks Manson - informative as ever. Like many others, I think it would be awesome to have a 3 or 5 pack of the DeLorean Hot Wheels offered - can you stuff the suggestion box at work?
We're selling about 4-5 per day between eBay and the online store so at that rate there are about 2 months supply left. Shipping, in particular internationally, is less on eBay, fwiw.
James Espey, President
Classic DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
[url]http://www.classicdmc.com[/url]
One version that we never got, was the Hotwheels Japanese versions of the Time Machines. Shame these can't be re-released again.
6926729996_3523b3932e.jpg
No future plans for a flying DMC from PT2? There should be one for next year!!
This was a Japan only release. Very few were made. The Back to the Future cars were part of a larger line that include other TV and Film cars, mostly entertainment cars from Japanese properties.
Also, while these were branded as Hot Wheels, these were not made by Mattel. These were made by Bandai and distributed by Mattel under the Hot Wheels brand. That is all the information I got from asking around. Believe me, I spent a long time hunting these down at work and trying to get more information on these. This line from Bandai was made before my time and no one at Mattel knew anything about these expect what I just stated.
So, a re-release will have to go through legal mumble jumble between the Mattel and Bandai, as well as Universal...and who ever else was involved in the initial deal. Who knows, the tools may not even exist.
Oh, there are plans. I did a sneak at DCS in Dayton. There will be two versions on the flying/hovering Time Machine at different price points. I cannot say more at this time, but there will be some Back to the Future items from Hot Wheels for 2015. Come on, did you expect us NOT to jump on this important date?No future plans for a flying DMC from PT2? There should be one for next year!!![]()
Glad I grabbed as many gray ones as I could whenever I made a trip to Target!
Location: NorCal Ben Lomond
Posts: 208
My VIN: 1420
Club(s): (NCDMC) (DCUK)
Oh brother, here we go again...and just when you thought it was safe to go to the toy store