FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Nice try...Take the governor setup off of the Holley and look again, then try it on the highway again, and then put a kit in both and compare complexity again.
    K-Jetter logic applied to a carburetor.

    "It can be made to work. Just tinker with it, spend some money on it, and then try it on the highway."

    "I don't want a Holley -- I want an Autolite."

    "Your problem is you don't understand Holleys. They are better than you think."

    "I don't don't care if Holley's were made of gold -- I want an Autolite instead."

    "The bus came with a Holley -- you need to figure out why it's not working and fix it. "

    "I don't care about originality -- I want an Autolite."

    "I'M running a Holley no problem. In fact my Holley has never given me a bit of trouble. Based on my car's experience, Holleys are just fine."

    "Good for you. I'm not telling you what to do with your car. My bus is titled in my name alone, and I want to put an Autolite on it."

    "It is cheaper to figure out what is wrong with that Holley and fix it than it is to replace it."

    "Saving money is not my objective -- getting an Autolite carburetor on my vehicle is. If it cost extra up front, one time only, that's fine with me. Everybody spends their money on something -- this is what I want to spend my money on."

    "You're just too stupid to understand Holley's -- that's your problem."

    "Why are you insulting me? If I said I wanted one color interior versus another, would you do that? If I said I wanted an automatic or manual transmission versus the other, would you do that?"

    "There you go again. When you are backed into a corner, you change the subject."

    "I'm not changing anything. I said in my very first post that I wanted an Autolite. That hasn't changed. I wanted an Autolite then, and I still want one now."

    "If Autolites were so great, why did Ford stop using them and switch to Holley's?"

    "Emissions. Holley made a carburetor that could limp the 429 through ever tightening government standards when even the 4300 couldn't (I'm going to install a 4100 BTW)."

    "Hah! So you are going to go backwards in time rather than forwards."

    "In the 1960's, the 4100 worked just fine. Many people still regard it as the best 4 barrel carburetor ever built. The damn things are bullet proof. You can even pull one off a junkyard car and use it as is (I plan to soak and put a kit in mine)."

    "Holley's can be just as reliable. The only people who have problems with Holley's are people who don't know how to work on them. A properly cared for Holley can do everything that an Autolite can."

    "We're not getting anywhere here. Let's look at it from another angle: whatever else you want to say, a Holley is twice as big. From an access standpoint alone, my Autolite will make engine maintenance easier."

    "I can work around my Holley. Why don't you maintain or repair your engine the same way I maintain and repair mine?"

    "Because I'm not you. I am me. For my particular needs, an Autolite will simply work best."

    "Your lack of intelligence needs?"

    "Why are you insulting me again?"

    "Why are you changing the subject again?"

    "You are the one who said I am stupid, not me. I'm not changing the subject -- I am responding to your post."

    And so on ...

    I wanted an Autolite 4100 on my bus, so I removed the Holley and put one on. It's my bus -- I can put anything on it I want.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Last edited by content22207; 09-07-2011 at 07:59 AM.

  2. #452
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Don't you people watch the news?




    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    David Koresh/Branch Davidians: Fire (Waco TX)
    Come to think of it, I believe I remember reading some conspiracy theory that the US government ran some tests in Waco to see what fire would do to people.

    I was an even younger whipper snapper when it happened so I don't remember what was on the news back then. I was too busy watching stuff like Looney Toons.

  4. #454
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Come to think of it, I believe I remember reading some conspiracy theory that the US government ran some tests in Waco to see what fire would do to people.
    Now that's funny!

    "Hm, I wonder what would happen to human beings if we set them on fire."
    "They might burn."
    "Maybe not. Didn't someone once say we're 80% water?"
    "Hm, maybe. I was pretty blasted in the 8th grade."
    "Yeah, me too. Well, let's find out if people burn. Has it been tried before?"
    "Uh. I dunno."
    [Flash on a portrait of Joan of Arc.]
    "Well, let's run some tests."
    "Where?"
    "Texas. Big place. No one will ever find out."

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #455
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    K-Jetter logic applied to a carburetor.
    ...
    Poor Bill, there you go again. When you are backed into a corner, you change the subject.
    Why are you changing the subject again?

    (The rest of those are not what I have said as you seem to imply -- I don't care what people put on their vehicles, only that you keep making erroneous statements without answering questions about them.)

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    K-Jet blows.

    Martin is a doo doo head.

    Steve is a rocket scientist.

    Ron just pegged the Suck-O-Meter.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  7. #457
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    So where in your rant was you saying "I don't know why everyone gets so worked up about these silly little cars and their poorly engineered this, that and everything else. All you need is [insert some nonsense demonstrating lack of understanding of engineering principles*, geography*, demographics*, physics*, Mathematics*, Fuel injection*, any cars that aren't built on a ladder chassis, ride on leaf springs and weigh less than 3 tons*]"? (* delete as appropriate)

    You're always blameless in these arguments aren't you, Bill, everyone just picks on you, right?
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    everyone just picks on you, right?
    Martin isn't a rocket scientist yet, but he does seem to be getting just a tad smarter (or at least more perceptive).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mcfly4u View Post
    Are there any carb'd Stage II's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I'd say that there aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Yet....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    And how, praytell, do you intend to achieve this? Purchasing a kit yourself and selling off the parts you don't need?
    My dream car: a trashed DeLorean that an owner has spent all his/her resources on a Stage II engine (and perhaps a stainless frame) and now his/her spouse is forcing him/her to sell rather than pour any more money into the damn thing. Throw a burgundy interior in it, Bondo & paint it white if necessary (black accents), then hit the road.

    I'll be more than happy to sell the low mileage K-Jet components to anyone interested.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  10. #460
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    My dream car: a trashed DeLorean that an owner has spent all his/her resources on a Stage II engine (and perhaps a stainless frame) and now his/her spouse is forcing him/her to sell rather than pour any more money into the damn thing.
    There are many of us on here with cars like that minus the Stage II engine and stainless frame. The only difference is we are too stubborn to let our cars go.

    Disclaimer: This in no way refers to Bill. He is a mirracle man and has a $10k car with very little cash investment and a lot of labor/love investment.

Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •