FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD
www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
-
11-17-2025 10:30 AM
#1551
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
Helirich
If you made it from SS, why the shrink wrap?
I was thinking a vibration I am hearing was coming from that latch. It was not so I should cut off that shrink wrap.
-
11-17-2025 08:32 PM
#1552
Senior Member
-
11-17-2025 08:56 PM
#1553
Senior Member
-
11-17-2025 09:03 PM
#1554
Senior Member
-
11-20-2025 09:30 AM
#1555
Senior Member
-
11-20-2025 10:00 AM
#1556
Senior Member
Tam was trying to install the right knee pad and realized that the glove box gets installed AFTER the knee pad. So she had to redo all of that.
I hooked up the temperature control cable (blender door). This is quite a pain. I don't remember was size the tiny bolt is that locks the cable down but it took us forever to find something to fit it properly. I don't like the way this whole area behind the console is such a chaotic mess. How does the movement of the temp. control not end up rubbing on wires?
I decided it was time to test the radio. I put a battery in the car, hooked it up, and immediately heard a loud annoying "Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" sound. It sounded like it was coming from the stereo. I panicked and quickly unhooked the battery.
I unwired power to the stereo and hooked the battery back up. "Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" Okay so it isn't the stereo. I pushed the driver's side door switch in and it stopped.
Is this the seat belt alarm?? Wow talk about obnoxious! I unplugged that (which was how it was when we got the car), wired the stereo back in, and tried it out.
Turned it on, heard a slight noise from the speakers. Turned it up, nothing. Changed balance and fade, nothing. Tried AM, nothing. No clock on the display, no stations on the display. Tried the Bluetooth feature. Got my phone to connect and work. Realized that the rear speakers are most likely blown..they sounded horrible. By now I was messaging back and forth with Eric Woltkamp about the stereo issues.
He had me check this and check that. Try this and try that.
It was late and we were frustrated so we called it a night.
Ironically a couple days ago I shared this text with some buddies of mine that I have breakfast with every Wednesday morning.

We expected to be done this car before now but it still isn't done.
We expected the new front fender to be correct but it wasn't.
We expected the rebuilt stereo to work correctly but it isn't.
Then there was the bad AC fitting issues.
But in the big picture these are "First world problems". Are we really going complain about owning a Delorean? I guess not.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
11-20-2025 12:54 PM
#1557
Guy with a DeLorean
Nice job on the wiring fix. It might seem like a small detail in the grand scheme of things, but getting each little thing right can give you enough satisfaction to keep going on to the next. Wiring isn't my favorite thing to do, but I love the click sound of pins locking into connectors.
The stereo issues sound frustrating, but at least the initial bad sound was just the seat belt / ignition buzzer! I've had that unplugged on my car as well since I bought it. I don't have any experience with the ASI radios, but my Craig is a little noisy at times, especially with the engine running I get feedback from the alternator. Not sure if adding a ground loop isolator would help, or in this case where in the wiring you could install one. I had a similar issue on my E46 through the aux input, and an inline ground loop isolator solved the problem. Does the ASI radio use the same weird shared ground setup for the speakers that the Craig radio does?
Like you mentioned though, can't really complain too much about owning one of these cars even when they are frustrating. I appreciate reading your updates, and don't expect them
-
11-20-2025 02:58 PM
#1558
Daily Driver

Originally Posted by
SupercoolBill
. >>snip<<
I decided it was time to test the radio. I put a battery in the car, hooked it up, and immediately heard a loud annoying "Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" sound. It sounded like it was coming from the stereo. I panicked and quickly unhooked the battery.
I unwired power to the stereo and hooked the battery back up. "Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" Okay so it isn't the stereo. I pushed the driver's side door switch in and it stopped.
Is this the seat belt alarm?? Wow talk about obnoxious! I unplugged that (which was how it was when we got the car), wired the stereo back in, and tried it out.
>>snip<<
I might, ... might... know of less than a handful of owners who actually leave that plugged in. Why? I have no idea.
Shannon Y
www.ohiodeloreans.com
www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
---
1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) - original
2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) - original donor 2003
3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) - DMCH 2004
4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) - DMCH 2006
5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) - DMCH 2008
6th angle drive - OVER 134,865 miles (16 yrs 1 month) and counting - Martin G. Speedograph 2009
over 266K miles
-
11-21-2025 07:37 AM
#1559
DMC

Originally Posted by
ssdelorean
I might, ... might... know of less than a handful of owners who actually leave that plugged in. Why? I have no idea.

Funny, mine only buzzes sometimes at initial key on/start. Maybe 1 time out of 10 cycles.
~LXA~
Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry
-
11-21-2025 08:49 AM
#1560
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
ssdelorean
I might, ... might... know of less than a handful of owners who actually leave that plugged in. Why? I have no idea.

Its very analogous to fingernails on a chalkboard.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules