FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,861

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    9,145 .....That's the official number to never be questioned, argued with or debated.
    Surely it would have to have been 9,142 and not 9,145? I mean, it's universally agreed to have ended in 42, right?


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  2. #222
    Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern Michigan

    Posts:    1,236

    My VIN:    1880

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Surely it would have to have been 9,142 and not 9,145? I mean, it's universally agreed to have ended in 42, right?
    According to Marvin Katz (Vice President of KAPAC which owned the parts, blueprints, paperwork, etc before DMCH) "There were 8,654 cars produced according to the factory logs."

    Read his comments in the comment section:
    http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...8ueCE.facebook
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

  3. #223
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Well even though I had planned not to get one I was placing an order with DMCMW and had Julee tack one on since it wouldn't change shipping. Got it today and I wish I could open it up and inspect it closer (that's code for play with it). I thought you could open it up without comprimising the package but I don't see how that's possible. Oh well, it looks nice next to the other 100 or so HW DeLoreans on my office shelf...kinda like the king of the HW cars.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  4. #224
    Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Duncanville, Alabama USA

    Posts:    825

    My VIN:    6599

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    They are numbered on the backs on the packaging XXXX/4000

    So, 4000 total, plus an unknown number of samples...
    Too bad they didn't produce 6,600. I'd be able to get one with my VIN.


    George
    George.



    1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

  5. #225
    Aussie Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Adelaide

    Posts:    944

    My VIN:    6679

    Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Too bad they didn't produce 6,600. I'd be able to get one with my VIN.
    Ditto - except just a smidgen higher

  6. #226
    Senior Member AdmiralSenn's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    443

    Anyone have 3416? Please?
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

  7. #227
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Mar 2013

    Posts:    2

    To whom it may concern,

    I came across this forum upon a Google search. Long story short... my 8 year old nephew is a huge fan of DeLoreans... found Hot Wheels DeLorean while grocery shopping... brought it home and noticed something peculiar: the wheels on the car do not match. Is this a common occurrence? I figured that someone here might have a few to look at for comparison sake.

    Thank You,
    Michael


    Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

    uploadfromtaptalk1364189758280.jpg

  8. #228
    Aussie Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Adelaide

    Posts:    944

    My VIN:    6679

    Quote Originally Posted by weedm View Post
    found Hot Wheels DeLorean while grocery shopping... brought it home and noticed something peculiar: the wheels on the car do not match.
    I'm more worried about the row of black squares missing either side of the number plate, the DeLorean imprint on bumper too small, missing window/defrost/etc switches on centre console, etc - but seriously though, the detail is friggen fantastic! No idea about the wheels though, they are always wrong so I presume there is an intentional reason for that...


  9. #229
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Chris,

    weedn means that the front wheels don't match the rears. The front ones are not the right ones for that model.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  10. #230
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Chris,

    weedn means that the front wheels don't match the rears. The front ones are not the right ones for that model.
    Yep, that's a factory error. That car might be worth something, I see "factory error" ones on ebay all the time for exorbitant prices. Not sure if anyone has ever sold one, but they list for lots
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •