FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: DMC stage 1 and stage 2 engine differences

  1. #41
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,613

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Quote Originally Posted by Canon20DFan View Post
    I had a Stage II with an automatic, I can tell you that it does not overwhelm the Peugot automatic transmission. I now have one of DPI's engine mods (ported, custom ceramic exhaust and new cams, I think) and it runs better than the Stage II ever did.
    Tweaked with custom ceramic coated exhaust, extremely aggressive camshafts that also offer a great idle and fuel economy in an automatic (yes our cam grinds are different between manuals and autos) and a few other tricks. Glad you are enjoying it!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    157

    My VIN:    2808 6921

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Apologies, I was not intending to "bash". I should clarify that in regards to the retaining nut that some how rattled off the front shock, a new one was shipped to me free of charge, and all I had to do was put it on, no damage. As for my door lock issue, a solution was never agreed upon by Ken and myself. However the car will be being brought to a very reputable mechanic next Monday, and troubleshooting the door locks will be on the list of "to do's". I can forward the invoice if you like.
    I think that was aimed more towards me thirdmanj as was the first part of Tony's response.

  3. #43
    Canon20DFan
    Guest
    Yes, I'm enjoying it. The most interesting side-effect of the DPI mods are how quiet the engine is. I used to have to raise my voice to speak to the passenger at highway speeds, but I don't have to do that now. The car is as quiet as a modern car with all the shrouds they put under the hood these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Tweaked with custom ceramic coated exhaust, extremely aggressive camshafts that also offer a great idle and fuel economy in an automatic (yes our cam grinds are different between manuals and autos) and a few other tricks. Glad you are enjoying it!
    By the way, Josh, can you fabricate a new transmission for the Delorean? I'd like one, 6-speed, please, and be able to dynamically set the shift points (economy or drag racing). Please install by December, thanks.

  4. #44
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,613

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Quote Originally Posted by Canon20DFan View Post
    Yes, I'm enjoying it. The most interesting side-effect of the DPI mods are how quiet the engine is. I used to have to raise my voice to speak to the passenger at highway speeds, but I don't have to do that now. The car is as quiet as a modern car with all the shrouds they put under the hood these days.


    By the way, Josh, can you fabricate a new transmission for the Delorean? I'd like one, 6-speed, please, and be able to dynamically set the shift points (economy or drag racing). Please install by December, thanks.
    Thanks to an LA owner who pointed us in a certain direction we are currently working with a transmission outfit in NJ to retrofit a custom transmission set up that can withstand our Spec III offering.

  5. #45
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Thanks to an LA owner who pointed us in a certain direction we are currently working with a transmission outfit in NJ to retrofit a custom transmission set up that can withstand our Spec III offering.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #46
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,613

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Sorry Farrar..... Los Angeles

  7. #47
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Sorry Farrar..... Los Angeles
    I figured that, since it was prefaced with an "an" instead of an "a" -- but my head still explodes when I think of custom transmission options for a DeLorean -- amazing!

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  8. #48
    Canon20DFan
    Guest
    Spec III? Have I missed something?
    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Thanks to an LA owner who pointed us in a certain direction we are currently working with a transmission outfit in NJ to retrofit a custom transmission set up that can withstand our Spec III offering.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Sidaries's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Hungary

    Posts:    276

    My VIN:    7075

    Interesting thread, but until now only the second reply was talking about the differences between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 engines. Can somebody explain me what are the upgrades compared to a stock engine?

  10. #50
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidaries View Post
    Interesting thread, but until now only the second reply was talking about the differences between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 engines. Can somebody explain me what are the upgrades compared to a stock engine?
    As I know it:
    Stage 1: Stainless Exhaust(Headers, Dual Cats and Muffler), K&N Filter, "Cold Air" intake duct and new coil and O2 sensor

    Stage 2: All of the above plus modified performance cams with ported & polished heads.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •