Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
Paging Manson, paging Manson - he's probably the only one with all three (or six if you want to count the black, gold and faster than ever (FTE) models) PLUS another two or three for BTTF versions, too.

Manson, is there any kind of "status" that get as a designer when you have so many variants of a design made?

James
Sorry, I have been on vacation and did not realise that the RLC DeLoreans were shipping.

Here are the releases, so far. For ease of reference I will list as Body, Chassis, Interior, Window, Extra Piece, Wheels, with colour (painted or molded) and material:

2010 New Model - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 Retail $1

- Silver painted Zamac (metal) body, Black ABS Chassis, Grey ABS Interior, Blue tint K-Resin Window, Black ABS Louver, Multi-spoke Mediums with chrome hot stamp. This is the first release, and all DeLoreans hereafter (unless noted) are the same sculpt, only difference is in paint and molded colour.

- Gold painted Zamac, Black ABS, Tan ABS, Clear K-resin, Black ABS, Multi-spoke Med with Gold There are some mis-coloured interiors due to the mix of plastic. It is not suppose to be 'pink' or 'flesh...just tan.

- Black painted Zamac, Black ABS, Charcoal ABS, Clear K-Resin, Black ABS, Multi-spoke Med with chrome



2011 New Model - Back to the Future Time Machine $1

- Silver painted Zamac Body, Black ABS Chassis, Grey ABS Interior, Blue tint K-Resin Window, Metallic Charcoal painted Zamac Fusion reactor, Multi-spoke Mediums with chrome hot stamp Time Machine built off existing DeLorean car, although no parts are interchangeable.

2011 Faster Than Ever - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 $1

- Same sculpt as Silver New Model. Difference is the Clear window, Black Interior, Faster Than Ever Wheels with bronze hot stamp, and wide black side stripes.

2011 San Diego Comic Con Exclusive - Back to the Future Time Machine $35

- Same sculpt as 2011 New Model. This one has way more paint ops, making it look 'better' than the $1 version. Differences from the Basic model (other than paint) are Clear coated Zamac body, Black painted Zamac Chassis, Clear K-Resin Window, Medium Real Riders Turbine wheels with rubber tires. All packed in a pretty display case and beautiful box. Limited to 3000 (I think, maybe 3500) Available only at San Diego Comic Con (now on second market), sold out.

2012 Light Speeders - Back to the Future Time Machine $5

- Same sculpt as 2011 New Model. Differences: Grey ABS body, Black painted Zamac Chassis, Dark Gray ABS Interior, Clear K-Resin Window, Plated Zamac Fusion Reactor, Same wheels. This has a special plastic body that turn colour with UV light. Comes with UV 'flashlight' and BTTF themed stencils for decorating.

2012 Red Line Club/Hot Wheels Collector Exclusive - Back to the Future Time Machine 2 $20

- Mostly the same as the SDCC Exclusive with the only real difference being the Fusion Reactor piece is replaced by Mr. Fusion, as seen at the end of Part I and all of Part II. Packed in standard RLC packaging with window on card so you can see both sides of car while in package. Limited to 3300. Available only through HotWheelsCollectors.com, made to order.

2012 RLC/HWC Exclusive - DeLorean DMC-12 (with opening doors) $20

- Polished and plated Zamac Body, Painted Zamac Chassis, Black PP Interior, Clear K-Resin Window, Polished and plated doors, Medium Neo-Classic Wheels with bent axel design. Totally new sculpt. I reworked the car to better match the real car. I did not have my car when I made the first one for 2010 line. I took measurements off my car to make this one the best (as it may be the last) DeLorean that Hot Wheels can make. Although, some sacrifices were made (wheel size, graphic application, opening feature) because of production limitations. Also, this one is an Automatic, all others were Manual. Packed with doors open in same blister as RLC BTTF2. Limited to 4000. Available only through HotWheelsCollectors.com, and soon at delorean.com.

Soon to be released

Hot Wheels Elite - Cult Classics - 1/43 Back to the Future Time Machine $60 +/-

- You can still pre-order these from BTTF.com I just got the FEP's about two weeks ago, so it should be ready to ship about in about a month...hopefully. I talked about it briefly at DCS and in a few posts in this thread. This is all new, comes in a standard case. There are some minor 'production issues' and 'communication problems with our vendors', but overall, I think you guys will like it...at least I hope you like it.